- We are in the middle of our birthday season. Monday and Thursday were two of them. Lots of family, cake, coffee, great food. Tiring, but I’m still happy to be around such nice folks.
- Work started again on Tuesday. Getting sorted and doing a deep dive into database performance analysis took the most time.
- WordPress might be nice to use for some, but you really, REALLY need to know what you’re doing. Otherwise one quite popular site that’s behind a CDN might get close to kill a really big database server. 🙄
- We have a big freezer in the cellar now. I measured before ordering so I could be sure it fit through the tight cellar door. After taking off the hinges it fit. And I got lucky that the steep stairs weren’t a cm narrower.
- 2023 feels really good so far.
- I definitely feel changed since just a couple weeks ago. Didn’t start with the new year but earlier. So lucky.
- Running was painful this week.
- These weeknotes are still fun. I had to remind myself through the week to just jot some notes down. And taking out a few to put to my private notes. And it most certainly helps that quite a lot are posting theirs early on Sunday.
- I haven’t used my camera in two weeks. It’s something about the greyness outside. Maybe I should try some walks with a black&white film silmulation pre set.
- Let’s start this thing. Always wanted to, like most of the time I procrastinated on it. Please welcome my very first week note.
- Picked up running again after a break for more than a year. Feels like riding the Ebike kept me in a basic shape. The first half of last year was one of the worst health wise. Not just Covid, but all around the body. That’s getting older for me.
- A two week break over the holidays is coming to an end. We’ve done this every year in our company’s history and after the last two strange ones, I could come back to the way of taking a week to fill up my belly with great food, just relax and enjoy family and friends and then do some DIY home improvement build. Feels great to build something again.
- I’ve built a big box with a large drawer for all the toys in the kids room which also serves as a whole platform in itself. Felt good to do some building with my hands again. And it’s good that we have a crooked house. It demands to build something without right angle…
- On Saturday J. And I gave each 5 hours just for themselves. I had migraine in the morning and was completely lazy. It was great.
- It looks like I helped @assbach to revive his blog with a weekly review. What a coincidinc.
- Dominik started a side project to collect week notes for some
group pressureaccountability: weeknotes.cafe. That’s a good idea.
- For reference, the people who inspired me to write weak notes: Alice Bartlett, James Van Dyne and maique. And probably some more.